Monday, September 29, 2008

ASPEN, COLORADO -

Ok, beautiful. I love Colorado. Sverre's good friend from high school had his wedding in Aspen this weekend - Kids were farmed out to some very nice, obliging, patient friends and we took off. Their wedding was on top of Aspen mountain - we were up there wrapped in blankets, freezing, but it was just awesome -

Maroon Bells - what a great hike - Sverre shaved his head, obvioulsy - I think he looks hunky. Jane hung out with us all weekend, she was so great - Thanks to Sverre's parents who took care of her while we mt. biked, so nice!



Ok, is this not the ugliest sculpture you've ever seen???!!! I mean come on, a man tying his uglier than ugly shoes? You might think...well, it's in front of a public restroom, what do you expect? No, it's in front of one of the nicest hotels in Aspen. I just had to get a picture to remind anyone who is thinking of getting this in their front yard to not do it. It is ugly.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

can i just say... these photos are so beautiful. what a gorgeous place. i am driving up american fork canyon tomorrow with aaron jr to try to get some great autumn leaves photos... i hope i get some great shots.
sounds like a really fun trip.
that sculpture IS... interesting.

mumovearls said...

Dang... I just put an order in for one of those statues in front of our house... Maybe I'll put him in the back behind a tree! -aspen looks wonderful like heaven!-n