Oh man, this trip was a keeper - a september trip to the beautiful Oregon coast with some really fun friends. Girls trips rank really high up on my list of things I love, love to do. They are just. so. fun. What better way to start it off than with a scooter ride down to the beach:)
oh crabbing. need I say more, we went crabbing. and i happened to go crabbing in Brittany's aunt's 1980's crabbing jacket.
This is basically what we did the entire time, laugh. laugh when we encountered the master of ceremonies pictured below, laughed when we all pulled the crabs out of the water and screamed our heads off because they are SCARY LITTLE CREATURES, hello. and laughed when we watched Andrea almost throw up at how bad and fishy it smelled on that clean dock
we had no idea what we were in for - they just sent us off into the deep dark ocean with a bucket, some protractor measurement thing and some nasty life jackets, and a reminder to come back with them all or we'd be FINED. so funny.
oh we pulled in many a crab, but this was the only one that was big enough to go home with
and when they cooked that poor crab for us, we were all ok with eating our very own one single crab leg. we didn't do it for the cuisine, we did it for the experience:)
That is not a piece of beach poo, that is the "it-mattered-to-that-one" starfish. I threw it back into the ocean and saved its life.
Haystack rock, I've dreamed of coming to this beach and there I was!
our morning walk to the trashy bakery to begin our unstoppable search for butter-filled pastries and soda - some of us more than others.....:)
beauties
We did our fair share of contributing to the bad food economy. That would be an Oregonian elephants ear that we are eating....
And how could you leave Seaside without playing a bit of old folks ball bingo on the coast
fire on the beach. we didn't really know how to properly build one, but we build a good enough one to get us our smores
Brittany showed us some of the local favorite restaurants and they did NOT disappoint - This one was my favorite - our 5 course meal at Pig n pancake was right up there as well
erin "I am so mad my smore just dropped in the sand"
Brittany - "I'm pretending to care"
Beckie " um, excuse me, Erin, you look retarded"
a beautiful hike to crescent beach
so beautiful, right?
These girls were so, so much fun to hang out with for the weekend
Sverre would have disowned me if I didn't jump into the freezing ocean, so luckily, there was a fully hooded wet suit at Brittany's beach house and I took a dip.
LOVED THIS TRIP!!







3 comments:
what a fun load of trips...coast, mexico, disneyland...you guys are non-stop!!! Glad you had a great time!!!
You are on everybody's list--I love it! Who wouldn't want you along on a girls trip?! Fun to see Beckie and Josh on your blog since she doesn't blog anymore! :)
Dang, that looks like BLAST!!! It is so fun, and a little crazy to see all these pictures of you and Brittany together. Totally cool! Why didn't you post a picture of you in the hooded wetsuit? Just wondering.
Post a Comment