Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Leg 1

Before we headed to Havasupai, we broke the trip up and camped in Moab for a couple of days - We camped in a sweet camp spot under a rock ledge - I never get tired of going to Moab, it's such a great place



 Doing some day hikes


 it is hard to put your shoe on and try to balance a moving baby on your back at the same time, I was in deep concentration....
 love this big baby so much -we backpack bonded


 Delicate arch



This river provided endless entertainment for the kids - They had a mud ball fight, which probably wasn't so smart of us since we had no shower - Sverre tried dunking all the them in the cold water, which they didn't appreciate, but they still had a dirt-filled night in the tent


 After Moab, we drove to Flagstaff and cleaned off in a hotel before we headed to Havasupai -  (don't worry, we didn't do our cleaning off in the public pool, we took actual showers:)
I guess we drove through the real town where Cars was inspired - Either that, or this town went crazy with the Cars movie because the whole main drag was some part of the movie - Tait was so very impressed.

1 comment:

Heidi & Scott Smith said...

You are SUCH a fun mom! I'll bet your kids had a blast.