Friday, September 11, 2009

Blood (well, bruises), Sweat (a lot of it) and Tears(almost)

Park City Point to Point Mt. Bike Race - I can't believe we finished it - 74 miles of singletrack, 14000 ft. of elevation gain and 13 hours later, we pulled in to the finish~ It was so incredibly hard, but so awesome- the course climbed to the top of two Deer Valley mts, back down and then to the top of Park City resort and then to the top of the Canyons resort - I only wanted to cry once...ok, maybe twice

At the beginning - we didn't know what we were in for - There were 160 racers in all


We saw Sverre's friend, Matt Fisher, at the race - This guy crashed towards the beginning of the race, really hurting his shoulder and still finished - That's amazing -


35 miles down, 40 miles and about 85,000 more climbs to go -


Here we are at the finish - Did I mention we were dead last??:) (except for all the racers that dropped out) It was sweet, there were about 4 people there to cheer us in:) We didn't care a bit, we were just determined to finish the beast- Some guy who dropped out luckily lent us his head lamp so we could keep going in the dark -we started at 7:00 am and ended at 9:00 at night -


There's my hunky husband, he did awesome...didn't have to stop hardly at all for his diabetes which was so great - It was a really neat thing for us to get to do together - I'm still cringing, however, every time I see that mt. bike seat in my garage:)

8 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Tough as nails, Erin. That's all I have to say. Congratulations on accomplishing your goal!

Julie Walker said...

AWESOME! You are so cool. My hero.

Autumn Kimball said...

Love it the need for pain is good!
Congrats again.
Autumn

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Wow, amazing! I want to be just like you when I grow up Erin! You both rock!

Brecken said...

once again. you guys are amazing!

Lyons Family said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

Sarah M said...

if someone told me you weren't human i would totally believe them. i'm in ah.

Tosha Mack said...

U NSPYR ME!