Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our Italian family vacation.....

was just awful. I mean, look at all the non-fun we had.
So beautiful, so much fun to spend quality time with family. so relaxing. so full of Nelson competitions.
My dad has been planning his Italian retirement trip for years....and invited all of us along. We stayed in a beautiful little "villa" house in Tuscany, took fun day trips to little hill towns, ate great food and slept in til 10.

dinner on our grass


monastery where they filmed The English Patient

This lady looks sweet - I loved the post-death photo her kids chose for her

4 comments:

s g said...

are you kidding me right now??? what a fabulous vacation...something I would dream of doing with the entire family, what a great trip!! I am assume this was a final hurrah before your parents are MP. I am sure you made great memories :) so jealous :)

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Ah Bellissimo Italia! Love, love, love Italy. Looks like you didn't have much fun though. Too bad you couldn't take that captivating and enchanting grandma along with you. I'm sure she would have made the trip much more lively and enjoyable.

Marilyn Lewis said...

I was so excited that you had updated your blog and to make it even better with pictures of one of my favorite places.....I love Italy. You also took pictures of some of my favorite things like gelato and flowers and the cute little towns. What a wonderful trip!

jhoopes said...

Looks like a dream vacation--seriously! How FUN and AMAZING. Loved reading about all those Nelson games!