Tuesday, March 11, 2008

COSTA RICA!!

Such a great, great trip. Went with my whole family...(kids were not extended an invitation.) 16 of us in all. Went river running, zip lining, surfing, hiking, hot springed it, drank about 50 fruit milk shakes a day, ate about as many plates of delicious rice/beans, fried bananas, and boiled eggs. Thanks mom and dad for making it all possible!

Our 16 man van

Alligators..no warning signs, nothing. We could have walked right into them. Luckily we saw some people feeding them, knowing not to explore that river:)

Samara beach - surfing 10 foot waves..ok, maybe 3 feet:)

Dad, reliving his days of growing up in California surfing - he said it, uh, wasn't quite the same with his 45 year hiatus:)

5 comments:

s g said...

wow, this trip looks amazing...what an awesome adventure for your entire family!! I am loving all of the photos from surfing to zip lining..what a great memory for you guys!

sara g.

christa said...

What an awesome place!! Those pictures make me want to jump on a plane right now. We LOVED Costa Rica as well. Even better, you got to leave the kiddos behind!!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Leslie said...

wow... that is beautiful.
what a fun thing to do as a family. i am sure you all had a blast. thanks for sharing the fun photos with us. i love the 16 man van... that is great.
welcome home.

Tamara said...

Looks so AMAZING! I think Costa Rica just shot to the top of my "dream vacations" list! Thanks for posting all the pictures. Can't wait to hear more about it.

mumovearls said...

Jealous I love these pictures, Can I just mention that I miss you guys!
We don't see each other nearly enough- Come camping at the cabin in Sandpoint Idaho 4th week in June- invites open to you- Nena