Monday, March 11, 2013

Panama


 Oh Panama - the internet planned trip with no prior recommendations did NOT DISAPPOINT!  Sverre and I had such a great time together and it was just the kind of trip we were looking for - such an adventure - We flew into Panama City and knowing we wanted to head straight to the beach/jungle, we went and saw the Panama Canal, (which is really pretty amazing,) and then flew up to north Panama the next morning -
....to this wonderful place - Red Frog Beach Bungalows up on the Carribbean.  It turned out to be such an awesome place to stay - pure jungle until you walk out to this beautiful beach - There are 3 beach bungalows, the staff cooked all our meals,  (that practically made the trip for me - delicious food that I don't have to prepare:) - We hiked, surfed, paddleboarded, snorkeled - awesome




 This was our little jungle cafe where we ate all of our meals, hung out, played pool and games with the other people staying there
 We took surf lessons one day - oh man, Sverre rocked it and I thought I was going to die in Panama from sea water inhalation - It was really fun to try it and I'm sure we will be on the cover of Surf Panama next month...:)
 We're rockin some sweet Panama tans:)
 Sverre was determined to drink coconut milk - This cute guy finally showed him where to get some so he could check it off
 This was our beach bungalow - stuck right in the middle of the jungle - We had coconuts falling on the roof, could hear the ocean waves all night and was totally private - our kind of accommodations
 After 4 days at the beach, we headed to the mountains to Boquete



 We went on a day hike to 3 waterfalls in the jungle, definitely a highlight of the trip - so, so beautiful and green
 who knew they had a christmas tree farm in the middle of Panamaian nowhere??!




 We could not believe how green and lush the jungle was.





 This was the storm that blew in the day we left the beach.  It was pretty ominous and I guess caused a lot of havoc -

 We finally found a red frog on the beach...:)



 This was where we stayed in Boquete - it was an old coffee plantation and was so quaint and beautiful.  We ended up being the only guests there for the 2 nights so we got top treatment:)  I was so glad Sverre and I could go spend time together and see such a beautiful and adventurous place - my mom and dad were so awesome to come watch the kids, we were really grateful - and there you have it... our trip to Panama!

2 comments:

brittany said...

Looks incredible!!

Ryan said...

THAT LOOKS AWESOME. I'M SO GLAD YOU GUYS GOT AWAY!