Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fairplay

Camping in Fairplay last weekend......I think camping is one of the best mini-vacations....especially with young kids - yes it takes a lot of packing and unpacking and there is a lot of sticky marshmellow hands and dirt in the ears, but it is just fun and it is such simple family time without distractions - I have such fond memories of camping and backpacking with my family growing up and we want our kids to have similar memories...minus, of course, the memories of me nagging at them to not wear their shoes in the tent, eat 2 bites of protein to counteract all the sugar and the telling them that if they ask us one more time when we will get there, I will pull all their loose teeth out.

Will's 2nd campout - he's an 8 week old trooper - lives and sleeps in his car seat


Camping bed head




Shelby, my sister in law, and her non-stop help with my kids

Trygve, Sverre's brother, and his mighty firewood collecting

Abby concocting a way to shield our tent from the wind

flat tire from too much 4-wheeling





and to top the trip off, a stop at the good old Coney Island in Conifer - You'd think their hot dogs would be world famous due to...the large hot dog that they are doing business out of, but Costco's hot dogs are the best around, can't beat them.

A really fun weekend in a beautiful place

1 comment:

Autumn KIMBALL said...

I want to be there so bad..Major events in my life happened camping.

Learned to cook,(tinfoil style)
first kiss (andy tankersly sixth grade cameout..he had braces!)
first flow..seriously 17
first flat tire

I never understood why the dirt in the ears but it's true!

Sending love
AUtumn