
So the last night,we were all sitting around the fire and heard a huge crack -the next thing we know a big tree had fallen on our tent, tent was torn, our air mattress was punctured by a big limb and we had no idea if the tree was laying on Jane or not. She was sleeping in the tent and the tree missed her by about a foot - anyway, super scary - we feel really blessed that nothing happened and that the tree fell a foot to the left instead of to the right.
So, after having Tait burn his hand in the fire the night before and sleeping with his hand in a pan, we decided we'd had enough close calls for the trip, we packed up and headed on home. We chucked our ripped tent in the camp garbage, buckled our kids safely in their seat belts and got home about 1:30 a.m. We had a lot of food for thought on the way home after the tree incident - i can't say I figured out anything profound, but simply had a greater appreciation for moments, family, tender mercies and inches.
3 comments:
Wow! That is CRAZY! So glad no one was hurt.
That said, you guys always have some fun adventures, and I'm with you... I love 'dirty camping kids' - it means they've been having fun!
Oh I am so glad that everyone is okay. I love moments like this... not that we had to go through them, but that they cause us to reflect and "feel" something!
Oh Erin...I am so sorry.I can only imagine your terror when you realized what had happened. :( SO glad that sweet baby is ok and that your trip full of ordeals has come to a happy end.
Post a Comment