Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jane's First swim

Took Jane for her first swim this week - to one of those swim classes where they chuck the innocent baby into the deep end and expect them to somehow miraculously remember what it is like to be in the womb and swim 10 laps. They're flailing with their eyes wide open wondering what in the heck their mother is doing to them. If you like that sort of thing, don't read on....because I think those classes are totally retarded. We just took her to the rec center, no baby swim classes involved - I just couldn't wait to see that cute body in a suit...

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

glad you aren't in some RETARDED class, so what if i've done them:) jk

Elisa said...

She is a doll! I love the little rolls in her cute little legs! I was getting nervous at the beginning, you are good at keeping people in suspense!

Anderson Archive said...

I am so glad that you are one of those mothers who don't subject their kids to the swim torture. I am alone in my neighborhood - everyone else has done the classes - therefore my children are considered water menaces unfit to even run in the sprinklers but I just can't bring myself to do it. i had Alison natural for heavens sake! You don't subject them to danger when they came with no drugs.

Debbie said...

Picture all the babies in swim caps. It eases the pain. I saw my friend's 6 month old in her class this week. The caps made it all worth it.

Jane is so cute and looks very squeezable!