Monday, October 6, 2008

ST GEORGE MARATHON 2008!!

Sverre and I did the marathon again this year....so fun - I love being in St. George over conference weekend - Sverre did awesome -finished about 1/2 hour quicker than last year - (probably due to the aerodynamics of his new head shave:) I ran the marathon with my friend, Lori - We weren't breaking no speed records, I'll tell you that much ( probably due to my muffin top:) but we had a great time and it felt great -
Thanks to the Nelson cheer squad who braved the rain and cold and belted out some pretty sweet pep club cheers:)

There's Lori and me - uh, it poured rain basically the whole marathon - good thing I picked up a good $2.00 fleece at the DI before the race

My sister Lauren with her advil, ben gay, rain poncho and water - she did awesome, but that's no surprise:)

12 comments:

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Those must have been some awesome Highland pep club cheers. Congrats on finishing!

s g said...

Um...didn't you say that Jane was just 8 weeks old like last week? WHO does a marathon 8 weeks after giving birth? You are totally insane and you are my hero! Oh congrats to Sverre too, you guys are seriously nuts!

Sorry about the rain...Snow canyon is so beautiful!

tiffany garfield said...

Dido on the 8 weeks thing! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!! I can't believe you rain a marathon so soon after having Jane. She's VERY cute by the way. Congrats on the marathon, I may just do it next year if Breck can persuade me. :)

mumovearls said...

You know I would have had t-shirts and pom-poms to cheer you on if I had only been invited... Ha! Are you crazy for running a marathon so soon? Erin you are like Wonder-Woman in my book (a blond version) You look good!-n

jhoopes said...

Seriously Erin? You ran 26 miles after having a baby like a couple months ago? WHOA. That is AMAZING!!! I just did a half and that was when my baby turned ONE and after I trained diligently for 16 weeks--twice the age of your NEWBORN. You ROCK.

John & Shauna said...

You are awesome! I love the outfits.

Leslie said...

i still can't imagine running a marathon. i think you have to truly enjoy running in order to do one of those, right? i get an ache in my collar bone about 1/4 of a mile into running... so that puts a stop to it pretty quickly usually. :) if i have a TV to watch while i run, i can forget about the collar bone ache if the show is good enough and run longer.
congrats...
love you guys.

Sunshine said...

I am sooo wishing I had that picture for my blog. Yeah, why did you run a marathon 8 wks post-parten. Oh yeah, because you ROCK! Thanks for running my slow speed. Your true act of charity will never be forgotten. love, lori

emlizalmo said...

HOW old is your baby? And you just ran a freaking marathon? You are even more awesome than I thought! Dang Erin...congratulations. Seriously, that is so cool. :)

[alisar] said...

You run a marathon like it ain't no thang. What's up with that? I've been training since January and could only do HALF what you did 8 weeks post partum. You.are.unbelievable. Maybe I should eat more fast food?

christa said...

Do I need to say more than what has already been said? AMAZING that you would even ATTEMPT to do that. Seriously inspiring!!

Jay and Bec said...

Didn't you just have a baby?? I am in awe!