Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mexico


We took a trip to Cancun with the oldest four kids and five other families a couple weeks ago.  I must say it was one of the best family vacations we've ever taken.  I don't know if it was because I wasn't changing soggy swim diapers all day, or because the ice cream flowed freely from the snack bar all day long....maybe it was because all the friends had a buddy and it made it so relaxing for the didn't-have-to-entertain parents.  
We had fun watching the kids have so much fun.  The all inclusive resort and "free" food all day long almost burst my kids hearts, they couldn't believe it.  I told them to pack it in since once they hit the homeland it was back to scrounging for their daily survival in the Jensen kitchen.


Tait's first ice cream of the day.....probably at 6:45 am:)
We went to a tiny branch on Sunday, held in a home.  It was a neat experience for the kids to see how the church works in other parts of the world and that it is different, but runs the same.   They were so good during the all spanish sacrament meeting and just started singing totally random words during the hymns, funny.   I loved being there because it reminded me of my mission.  


We had some vicious games of beach volleyball

I can't really focus on that cute monkey Jane is holding because I'm trying to figure out how long it would take that man in the background to wax his back....

Sverre and Nate partook of the pool aerobics with all the ladies.  it was awesome.  That black lady looks like she's throwing in some pool hallelujahs - I tried it out for a while but had to quit when the instructor made us all hold hands and run in a circle.    I couldn't hack holding pruney hands with a stranger, i had to get out of there 

so relaxing that beach



e
It took a tour bus to haul the 95 kids to the hotel


these two girls were so entertaining.  They spent hours and hours playing whatever pool princess game they could come up with and they had no problem holding pruney hands all 8 hours they were in the pool per day


Sierra finally found the bed she was dreaming of....in the tub



Seriously, Sverre should buy stock in a sunblock company.  That is some pastey whiteness he can be proud of!  




Jane is sporting a nice Mexican comb over 


Scott was so nice and bought everyone a nice memento for Mexico.  scary



Mexican fiesta night - We all came home with some nice loot.



He tried really hard but just couldn't make it through dinner - I think it had something to do with already having eaten 14 hamburgers that day

Oh my kids loved the nightly Mexican show - I loved watching the Mexican men dance.  scary....



Thank goodness for the nightly buffet.  The kids were forced to their own table so they wouldn't bug us while we were stuffing our faces:)


Such a fun, great group of people.  We loved our Mexican vacation....

No comments: