Wednesday, February 22, 2012

conifer in winter

On Saturday, we got home from the girls' basketball games and Sverre claimed that he was going to ride his road bike up to the cabin and we were going to meet him there with hot dogs and smores.   It was a fun last minute adventure up to the FUUREEZing cabin - He got there after us so I was left to my own devices to try and remember how to build a fire.  He showed up to a smoky, cold cabin with me trying to fan the newspaper spark into something I could be slightly proud of.  But alas, he took over my sorry excuse for a girl scout fire builder and built a raging one -
The girls getting the wood (good thing I explained what they were doing in this picture, otherwise you may have never known)

Jane trying to defrost her feet by the space heater



hot dogs a la carte by the fire



Abby claimed she didn't know how to roast a hot dog.  seriously?  yes, she said she was serious.  We told her how un-proud of her we were that she hadn't learned that in all her years of camping boot-camp.  I think it was a case of the "I'm cold and lazy"  which I couldn't blame her for because I claimed I couldn't roast my hot dog because Will needed me to sit and hold him by the space heater, which he didn't, I was just cold...and lazy.
watching a late night Spy Kids movie - Jane has perfected the lazy/googly eye for pictures - it makes us laugh every time - Uncle Mike would be so proud of her

No comments: