Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Alta Cabin

I love my sisters an sister-in-laws so much, they are some of my very best friends (you too Brooke, even though you were driving through lovely Nebraska in a mini van full of kids while the sisters were taking this picture:)  I love every chance I get to spend time with them


 Oh, I'd forgotten how much I love this place - We headed up to my parent's cabin in Alta with my sisters and brother scott/mandy- It's a ski-in/out cabin so it is quite the adventure to get in there with all the kids,food,gear and babies strapped to the stomach.  We had such a fun, fun time hanging out in the upside-down Dixie cup cabin, using the archaic toilet, eating mike n ike's and skiing with the kids





 Baby Will hanging on for dear life:)





 hanging out

 my cute sister, Lauren, and her dang cute baby, Liam
 Abby and Sierra - love those girls so much

 getting ready to go see if everyone can make it to the cabin in one piece
 Sverre carried Jane and a 2500 pound backpack and hoped for the best!

 The Mickelson crew -they're so great to hang out with
 cute sister-in-law Mandy who hiked up to the cabin with Scott at night and was about to give birth in like 2 days:)  Then we all skied out at night with a full moon and she and scott SLEDDED down the ski hills - but to no avail, it did not put her in the hoped-for labor:)  she is a trooper and we're so glad they came up -

 skiing down in the full moon - quite the adventure, it was really beautiful -  I so wish we could go here more, but alas, we live a state away - luckily Colorado has just as many great adventures here, so we are not complaining~ !

Nelson family ski school -filled with lots of pizza skiing:)

2 comments:

s g said...

I am so impressed with the Nelson girls skiing with the babes in the front pack...wow, looks like such time together!!!

brittany said...

did you seriously ski with will strapped to you? you are amazing!