Friday, September 17, 2010

Park City Point 2 Point

We all headed to Midway a couple weekends ago - Sverre raced in the PCPP Mt. Bike race again this year. I was able to use my pregnancy as a shield to him having me do it with him again, so he found 5 other guys to do it with - It was such a fun trip, the race is a stinker hard 75 mile single track, bazillion uphill climb race, which happens to be so beautiful and awesome, but it is HARD!! I was proud of all of them and enjoyed being on the cheering end and sneaking food for my starving kids, who I forgot to feed beforehand, from the aid stations. so bad, I know - I mean, those bikers don't really need sustenance, can't they bike 75 miles on an empty stomach so my poor kids can have a meal??

Sverre and his cousin, Steve

Sverre's cute dad changed his flight so he could come cheer on his son - sverre loved seeing him there. One thing I love about Ole is that he wears hot sweaters all year long, even in 150 degree weather. He is always cold and I always lovingly snicker at his collection of wool paraphenalia

Mick, my brother in law, who was the unsung hero of the race - he stayed with Sverre the entire time and helped encourage him through his awful blood sugars during this race - thanks Mick, seriously.

This is Bigfoot who hands out random money to the racers on the mountain. He should hang out with Ole seeing that he loves wool suits during the summer as well!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiO6xENMWj7xpHK0IrfgzEss2K_pYQZqjgVQ7x3Ly4LJDp1mp1ejpCZQZG6uE2q_dPJ_I9EOPFT1I_3Vycq7IJexwSYCxzximrfXjvjGR8p_Gn-lvYywvFrbesnb0t8SDW8SLWGMS9nlgc/s1600/mid5.JPG">

The Petry's and Sones stayed with us in Midway, a fun weekend - Here are some of guys who raced chipperly vegging after the long day - I'll bet you've never heard the phrase, chipperly vegging. I totally made it up

We went to Swiss Days in MIdway, which I love. It's such a fun small town festival

PCPP 2011, here we come!

No comments: