Monday, August 30, 2010

tour

I drove out to SLC with the kids a week before Sverre could come out to go to Red Fish- Abby and Sierra are old enough now, they kept asking questions about where I grew up - I decided to make it a jam packed week with the growing up tour - We did so much and had so much fun

Alta Cabin -
We loved/love going to my parent's cabin - it's a rinky dink old thing, but right on the ski resort and so pretty

hiked up to Cecret Lake

Sverre proposed to me right here while we were skiing at the cabin - they got a kick out of standing in the exact place he asked me to marry him

Spent the day with two of my 3 college roommates - Emily and Katie Carpenter - they were in town from NYC for a month - loved, loved seeing them


I got to see my great friend/ college roommate Jen - went to the Pioneer Day parade with her and her stash-mannequins-in-sleeping-bags-to-save-a-place-the-night-before family - They just show up the next day, stash away the mannequins and wua-la, they've got a prime location - love these people


one of our personal favorites - what??

And i got to spend time with some really great high school friends - it's always so much fun to catch up

Then we headed up to stay in Midway- another beautiful place in Utah

We lit some $1.00 sparklers on our deck, swam, played in the backyard and called it a night

Don't worry golfers, I raked the pit after the golf sprinkler run

Went to visit my cute Grandma - she's so sweet and so sharp -she's lived in this house since my mom left for college

It is so endearing that she still gets every single child, grandchild and great-granchild a gift for Christmas Eve - She's got 10 kids, like 65 grandkids and a lot of little great-grandkids - She's got to start wrapping early in the year as you can see

We went swimming up at Snowbird ski resort - i showed them the spot where I had my very first kiss in high school- they thought that was funny/gross.

The next day I took the kids to La Caille, where Sverre and I had our wedding dinner - 4 kids (and one on the way) later, we've come far from that night!


I also told them the dead pig on my wedding day story - Lauren had rented a pig for her skit at school the same day as my wedding - we went out there to fetch the peice of bacon and it had rigamortacized overnight - So while I'm trying to get someone, anyone to help me curl my hair on my wedding day, I had to tell them to leave the dead pig in the dog run and focus on the real event at hand, like me. - Lauren ended up replacing the pig with Larry our Lab and just stuck some fake pig ears on him. classic

we went to our family's first house in SLC

and this is the house they've lived in for the past 30 years - I love going home to the exact same house I grew up in. Not much has changed, still got the formica countertops and sweet oak cabinents

This is the Place Monument -
I can't believe I've never taken the kids to this place - it was awesome and it's like a millisecond away from my parent's house - so many activities for the kids

Jane in the old school house


if we think lugging 3-4 kids to the grocery store is hard, think about lugging them across the plains. It really amazes me how the pioneers did it.

Anyway, we/I had a great walk down memory lane~ I loved, loved growing up in Utah - it is one of the most beautiful and adventurous places ever - I have such fond memories of that place and love visiting there~

4 comments:

emlizalmo said...

All this stuff really is cool, but the coolest part..."one on the way"! :) Yay for you!

Elisa said...

Hey! Congrats on the pregnancy! That's so exciting, I can't believe you'll have 5 kids!

Loved your trip down memory lane...I love Utah too.

One thing though--so was that kiss at Snowbird your first? Because I thought that time in St. George was your first but maybe I have them mixed up ;)

Autumn KIMBALL said...

I love all these pictures and stories..though they may say eeew they rmember and think about them long after you tell them the stories. Goo stuff, good to see you at the wedding.

Autumn

Anonymous said...

Did I read that right? You have number 5 on the way as well? When are you due? Congratulations! I am amazed at how much you accomplished with your kids on your visit to Utah and throughout the summer. I felt like I was in survival mode so our summer wasn't nearly as busy and exciting as usual. 5 kids has me worried...can I really handle it? I know you will be great at it because you know how to prioritize and then you don't sweat the small stuff.
How fun to catch up with Andrea and Ang!