This is for all the times I've been tagged and never replied - I thought I'd give back to the community since I love reading tags about other people. Not to say you'll enjoy my tag, you might just never want to ever receive one from me again.
1. I throw-up a little in my mouth when anyone suggests bowling – it is one of my least favorite things to do. I will, however, fake it and go if the company is good. So, if you invite me to go bowling and I say no, it is because you are not fun enough.
2. My middle toe is about 85 knuckles longer than my big toe, making me almost dead last on the cute feet totem pole. And if you think my middle toe is long, you should see my middle finger….let’s just say, you don’t want me flipping you off.
3. I love to mountain bike, my husband and I do it regularly. To me, it is the perfect mix of adventure, exercise and outdoor recreation
4. I stole my parent’s suburban when I was 14 with Jenny Dyer. I then proceeded to crash it into our neighbor’s fence (power brakes were an unknown concept to me, and as I was rolling it out of driveway, (so as to not wake my parents who were asleep above the garage) the brakes were inoperable. We then convinced each other to leave the car on the broken fence/lawn, run home and go to sleep, which we did. (come on, I was a rookie car thief) I then went on to answer the door at 3am when the police came to my house, and quickly deferred the situation to my sleeping parents. They did not find out it was me until the night before my wedding, when my sister finally ragged me out. My parents laughed, but I still felt bad about it 10 years later.
5. If there is a cold virus within 20 miles of me, it will surely find me. I get colds/coughs way too often.
6. I think my brothers are some of the most kind and good people I know.
7. If I have a cup of milk to help me, I have no problem downing a whole sleeve of oreos in one sitting. There is no regret, no sugar/lard mcgurgles, just pure enjoyment…. and a couple extra pounds of cellulite, but who’s counting?
8. I don’t give a crap about cars. I don’t care what kind I drive, what it looks like, or what happens on the inside. To me, they are just a mean to an ends. Like getting me to Chick-fil-A and back.
9. I won a silver metal at the Junior Olympics in skiing – I didn’t know, however, that you were supposed to start yourself at the gate. I sat there for a good 10 minutes waiting for the bell to ring or the gun to go off, you know, like it is supposed to. Everyone just thought I had a good case of nerves and were visibly annoyed at the dumb girl who was making everyone wait at the starting line☺
10. I cannot stand handling raw chicken. It makes me sick. I’d much rather deal with cow blood.
11. I grab way too many napkins when I am at Circle K. Like way too many. I use them for kid snot emergencies, drink spills and dirty hands. I started feeling bad, but the Circle K awkward teenager told me that as long as I buy something, I can have as many as I want. He obviously doesn’t see how many I actually take.
12. I love that my parents have lived in the same house since I was 5 and that they’ve done very little upgrades, making it feel like the exact house I grew up in. My brother’s old rooms still smell like jock itch cream and the kitchen is still stuck in the late 70’s.
13. Swearing just doesn’t do it for me, in fact, I don’t think I’ve ever sworn. Last time I checked, there are like a gazillion words in the English language and surely there are more creative ways to express frustration, surprise and anger. But don’t worry all my swearing friends….I don’t judge swearers, nor their uncreativeness. (I’m aware that’s not a word)
14. I have a soft spot in my heart for John Denver (RIP), Dan Fogelberg and James Taylor. So much nostalgia when I hear their songs.
15. I really scored in the sister and sister-in-law department. I mean really scored.
16. If the stars, the lighting, the beat and the song align just right….I will bust a move and not stop until the music dies.
17. I love living in the west, I love living near mountains
18. I love People magazine. I read it cover to cover…everything except the animal shelter/save the animal stories, those bore me. But I made a deal with my thighs that I can only read People if I am working out downstairs on the elliptical.
19. I admire my husband for how much he genuinely loves being around people. He can talk to anyone and will always pick being with people as opposed to being alone. The more the merrier with him….it makes life fun.
20. I hate taking showers. I do it, of course, but hate every minute of it. Baths are out of the question. No way.
21. I’ve never doubted my religion, nor had a problem following it, it just makes sense to me. My faith/religion means a lot to me.
22. I am totally cheap. I’d rather buy it at a bargain and have it break a year later than buy it at full price and have it last. My husband is the opposite, which makes for some fun heated discussions when he comes home and says...”Hey, I bought this nonrefundable item at full price…what do you think?
23. I admire my sister-in-law Autumn for the enjoyment, the strength and the grace she’s had as a mom to quads.
24. I haven’t dusted my blinds since we’ve moved into this house….3 years ago. I just can’t stand to do it, no one else will….so you take a gander as to how they look right now.
25. I will never turn down a banana split…they are my very favorite dessert and hard to mess up.
26. What? I’ve already hit 25? I have hundreds more things about myself to write.
Dense people, take note. That was a joke.
7 comments:
You possilby may be one of the coolest people on the planet. Eloquent and funny isn't an easiest thing to accomplish, well done.
Who knew how much you hate bowling. Haven't we gone a couple of times. Seriously, who knew? And about #5, what day do you need me to watch your kids so you can stay home and be sick, seeing as my kid started running a fever and got a cold just a few hours after being at your house. You are bound to get it from him so just tell me what day you need help. Also, #13, isn't that word we talked about in Moab last time considered a "swear"? :-) Loved getting to know you a better! PS- I HATE taking showers too! Not so much the baths though!
It's out you can't put it back in the box......Can i even level with you that if you were OCD in any way My mother would have to much amo in saying " See Erin cleans her house and dusts!" in my eyes this is a sign of a full life, the dust can calcify. #23 grants you one get out of family bowling. You should of mentioned that she may enjoy it but has a killer ban-she cry when things go a-righ! I love you right back.
Autumn
you are too funny, I have to admit, our blinds haven't been cleaned for about 3 years either...what can you do? thanks for all the extra info. about you :)
I really like you Erin...this just reminded me how much!
I loved this little glimpse into your randomness. And I am sure there really are hundreds more random facts that you could write and we would all be glued to our computers waiting to find out more.
I love this post. So funny. I too take napkins from just about every gas station, fast food place, or restaurant we go to. Heck, you never know when you're going to have someone throw up, spill something, or blow snot all over the place, and in our family, that happens far too often.
Bath's are gross, but I love my jetted tub when I'm pregnant. I guess that means it was a waste to put in since I only use it every 2-3 years.
I don't dust my blinds anymore. I used to get out my vacuum, or my steam cleaner and do it, but then the dust was back in less than a week. I can just find better ways to waste my time.
Oh, Jenny Dyer. I loved that girl! I have some really fun memories with her. Sounds like you do to. Where is she these days? I'd love to know.
I only wished my house could be something vintage 70's. I just love that retro look (minus the shag carpet. You just can't keep it looking nice and not looking like mats on a cat). So much more character and much more interesting I think. Too bad my husband completely disagrees with me on that one.
I only wished I could say I had never sworn, but I do find much better words to use now days than reverting to the ever mindless and unintelligent four letter words. I much prefer ninny, chowderhead, bozo, muttonhead, and ignoramus just to name a few.
From what I remember, you had some pretty sick dances moves back in the day. Didn't you always end up with a circle formed around you a most school dances?
I could really use a banana split right about now. Maybe my husband will need to make a quick stop at the store on the way home from work for me :)
Post a Comment