Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas Tree Cut



Had a great time looking for the perfect tree on our tree cut with the Allreds. We always think it looks so full and beautiful in the forest, but somehow looses its umph on the drive home and ends up much sparser and much, much taller than we'd thought. But we accept it as it is and love it despite its so many faults:) It's so fun to watch the kids decorate it and to watch Sverre finally give up on the tangled lights and just throw them in clumps onto the tree.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

it reminds me a lot of a tree aaron and i got the last time we went Christmas tree hunting. i will miss that tradition of going into the mountains to cut a tree down. aaron jr only got to experience it with aaron one time.
it is a beautiful tree... no matter what.
love you guys.

s g said...

I love the unique tree you got this year...and ditto to all the fabulous snow in UT...we tried to call you guys that last weekend at your parents..it was the weekend before New Year's..guess we missed you!! maybe next time...
sara g.

tiffany garfield said...

Erin! The whole giving up on the tangled lights and just throwing them on the tree is the way to go. That's exactly what I did. Then I put the part that doesn't have the lights on it up against the wall so nobody knows that the other side has zero lights! haha. Pathetic, I know. haha.